Wednesday, September 3, 2014

WanderLust Wednesday: Bali



For as long as I can remember, I’ve been obsessed with traveling. The first time I can remember getting on a plane was when I was 7, on my way to India for the third time. And the weirdest part is, I don’t only enjoy the “good” parts of traveling; the shopping, the relaxing, the tanning, the being pampered, etc. Oh no, I love it all- the crappy airplane food, the annoying safety demonstration videos, crowded airports, uncomfortable seating, the time changes, ear popping and everything in between. In fact, when I was a child, my parents were nearly disgusted by my love for airplane food. They couldn't understand how the pickiest 7-year old they had ever seen ate the “disgusting” airplane food with no complaints whatsoever. Yes, I was quite the enigma. Anyways, to this day, the thrill of being in an airport, ready to set off somewhere exotic and far away, is unmatched by anything else for me. Hopefully, my love affair with airports, airplanes, and everything traveling will continue to thrive and allow me to explore more of the world.

One of the places I’ve always wanted to visit is Bali. There is just something so incredibly tranquil, quiet, and relaxing about Bali. I would love to just take a month off, fly to Bali, live in a sun-drenched hut-cottage in the middle of the water and lay on the beach all day long, reading books and sunbathing. Sounds like the most perfect vacation!

Look at that gorgeous translucent blue water



OMG I want my own beach side cocoon
Check me in to this gorgeous hotel




Traditional Balinese architecture.



Alright, I'll stop now, before I jump on the next plane to a white sandy paradise!

No comments:

Post a Comment