Monday, September 1, 2014

SoCal Girl's DIY Crafts: Decorative Paper Flower Pomanders

DIY Paper Flower Pomanders by Project Nursery
While scouring Pinterest and other DIY craft websites for ideas, I found these absolutely stunning decorative paper flower pomander centerpieces that could easily be altered to fit any color theme. Furthermore they seemed rather simple to make, and yet looked so elegant and unique. I was intrigued. After a quick trip to JoAnn's, I gathered all the required material and set about trying to recreate this. Much to my surprise, it turned out to be extremely easy and looked rather stunning, if I do say so myself.

Materials:
-Paper flower lever punch (I used the Fiskars Burst one)
-Lots of light pink paper
-Pale pink pearlized corsage pins (I used 60)
-Styrofoam ball (I used a 5 inch one)

First, I used the puncher to cut out about 150-200 flowers
Next, I curled the petals of each flower to give them some volume, layered them on top of one another, and stuck a corsage pin through the center
Once I had about 50 or so "flowers" assembled I began pushing them into the Styrofoam ball in a random pattern until every surface was covered

And voilà

No comments:

Post a Comment