Sunday, September 7, 2014

Recipe: Frozen Hot Chocolate


Since Southern California decided to heat up to a toasty 100 degrees this weekend, and I was craving chocolate, I decided to finally try out this recipe for frozen hot chocolate that I had found a long time ago. Serendipity's frozen hot chocolate is always one of my must-haves every time I go to Vegas, and so I was super excited to try this recipe, especially on such a hot day.

Ingredients:
-3 oz chocolate (I used Hersey's Special Dark Chocolate)
-2 1/2 cups ice
-1 1/2 cups milk
-1 tbsp sugar
-2 tsp hot chocolate mix (I used Swiss Miss Dark Chocolate)
-Whipped Cream
-Dark Chocolate Pirouettes


1.) Melt the chocolate chips in 30 second increments until the chocolate is completely melted. Stir in the milk, sugar, and hot chocolate mix.


2.) Pour ice and chocolate-milk mixture into a blender and blend until all the ice is crushed



3.) Top each frozen hot chocolate with whipped cream and a pirouette.


4.) Lightly dust off the whipped cream with hot chocolate mix and/or chocolate shavings and voilĂ .




So yummy! Especially on a hot day

No comments:

Post a Comment