Sunday, September 21, 2014

SoCal Girl DIY Crafts: To-Do Board

I'm completely OCD about To-Do Lists. On any given day, I have at least two written To-Do Lists and one mental To-Do List going. If only I could stop at that. But no, I like my To-Do Lists color coordinated, with matching ink and matching post-it notes, preferable organized in order of importance or alphabetically. When I found this DIY To-Do List Post-It Board on Pinterest, I fell in love. Not only can I organize all my thoughts and to-do items, but the flexibility of post-its means I can constantly replace, move about, and re-order everything whenever and however I want, without having to start from scratch. I absolutely had to create one for myself, and of course put my own little spin on it. I had a bunch of recycled posterboards at my desk at work, and so I trimmed one into a square-ish shape and set about creating my masterpiece.



What you will need:
-Posterboard (size depends on your needs)
-A variety of post-it notes
-3x3 square heading printouts (or you could use post its here too)
-Glue
-Ribbon
-Tape


1.) I made 3x3 printouts of all my headings because I wanted them to look clean-cut and neat, and so I could do my pink ombre-style headings (you can easily do this with actual post it notes as well). I glued them on at the very top, leaving about 1/2 inch space between each heading.


2.) Once I decided which categories I wanted to break down (into weekly/monthly or monthly/yearly) I cut 1 inch post-it note strips (the light pink ones), and glued them on. Then I filled the remaining spaces with empty post-its.



3.) Last but not least, I wanted to hang my board up, so I found some ribbon and taped it onto the back, allowing me to hang the posterboard on a thumbtack. 


And then I had fun consolidating all my To-Do Lists and filling in as much as possible on my new To-Do Board!


And voilĂ , it's as easy as that!

No comments:

Post a Comment